We currently have the following open position:
ITEA Office Director
ITEA is a transnational and industry-driven Research, Development and Innovation (R&D&I) programme in the domain of software innovation. ITEA is a Cluster programme of EUREKA, an intergovernmental network for R&D&I cooperation, involving over 40 countries globally. ITEA enables an international and knowledgeable community to collaborate in funded projects that turn innovative ideas into new businesses, jobs, economic growth and benefits for society.
ITEA is managed by and for industry in close cooperation with the national public authorities from ITEA-supporting countries. The ITEA Programme is facilitated by the ITEA Office that consists of an international team of 12 employees.
We are looking for an ITEA Office Director with strong management skills, able to lead a multidisciplinary and international team. The position will become available in the course of 2019. The office is located at the High Tech Campus in Eindhoven, the Netherlands and the main language is English.
Roles & Responsibilities
As ITEA Office Director, you will lead the daily operations of the ITEA Office in Eindhoven and you will work closely together with the other two ITEA Presidium members (Chairwoman and Vice-Chairman). You will report to the ITEA Board and ITEA Office Association.
Your position will consist of the following roles:
- Director of the ITEA Office
- Secretary (non-voting) of the ITEA Board
- Secretary (non-voting) of the ITEA Board Support Group (BSG)
- Co-secretary of joint meetings with ITEA Board / BSG and public authority representatives
Your responsibilities will be:
- Operations ITEA Office
- Finance & Accounting (budget, cost, balance sheet, cash flow)
- Personnel (recruitment, appraisal, development, contracts)
- Programme administration and information system
- Support ITEA Bodies
- Support Chairperson and Vice-chairperson
- Support Board, BSG, Steering Group, ITEA Office Association
- Legal matters
- Contracts and templates
- Implementation of communication strategies
- Organisation of events: ITEA Symposium, Consortium building events, Customer workshops
- Publications and website
- External coordination in alignment with the ITEA Chairperson (e.g. EUREKA, Public Authorities)
Skills and experience required
- Several years of experience with management of R&D&I in industry, including affinity with collaborative R&D&I
- Knowledge of the goals, principles and organisation of the global EU R&D&I Framework and specifically of the relevant programs related to ITEA
- Sound understanding of "software & systems innovation"
- Sound understanding of the success dimensions of global software and systems innovation relating to:
- Human capital
- People management skills, used to work with a multidisciplinary and international team
- Strong analytical skills, which also includes financial, legal, IPR aspects
- Capabilities to communicate and to “influence without power” in a wide range of settings, including technical people, technical managers, business managers and public authority officials:
- Balanced combination of self-confidence and modesty
- Respectful behaviour in every situation
- Good understanding of “Europe’s cultural diversity” in theory and practice
- Full-time operational responsibility
- International travelling (within Europe) required several times per month
- Fluent command of the English language
We offer you a management position in an innovative, international and highly dynamic environment with great opportunities to further develop your network. We offer a competitive remuneration package in accordance with your experience.
Interested in the position of ITEA Office Director? Send your resume and motivation letter to Fopke Klok at email@example.com.
Acquisition by recruitment agencies, in response to this vacancy, is not appreciated