ITEA at SCEWC - Join us!
Each year, ITEA organises an event (including an exhibition) where ITEA projects can showcase
(intermediate) results. As customer orientation is one of the main ambitions in ITEA, we have decided to
several commercial events for this and Smart City Expo World Congress (SCEWC) taking place on 19-21
Barcelona, is one of them. This event provides a perfect opportunity for our projects to present their
potential customers and for the cities and other visitors to discover the latest trends in the domain of
SCEWC is the leading international event
for the smart urban solutions industry, the key meeting point for experts and leaders of the world’s most innovative
cities, companies, research centers and international organisations. Over 25,000 professional visitors are expected,
with over 1,000 exhibitors, along with high level representatives from more than 700 cities and over 400 international
speakers that will share their vision of how to build more sustainable and liveable urban environments: Cities made
This year's edition will have five focus areas: Digital Transformation, Urban Environment, Mobility, Governance &
Finance and Inclusive & Sharing Cities.
ITEA's presence in Barcelona entails:
- Smart City exhibition with 12 ITEA projects and ITEA booth including dedicated Innovation
- ITEA Smart City side event on Innovation trends for Smart Cities; and
- Participation in the International Smart City Business Forum
Here below you can find more information about each element. Click on a button to shift directly to this part
Smart City exhibition
The ITEA booth (Hall P2, Stand 207) is the place to understand the latest innovation trends. You can find a reply for many Smart City challenges.
- You want to fight against the information silos?
- You want to deploy connected services in your city?
- You want to enhance the mobility in your city?
- You want your city to be safe?
- You want to offer a secure open platform for health data of your citizens?
- You need to enhance the e-Democracy in your city?
- You want to protect the commercial activity in the centre of your city?
- You want to master (security, taxes, shared services) the key buildings in your city?
- You need to master indoor as well as outdoor air quality?
- You need to strengthen the sport & cultural events in your city?
- You need to optimise the energy consumption in your industrial buildings?
- You need to enhance the efficiency and sustainability of your port in your city?
Based on the Smart City theme, 12 ITEA projects have gathered in one big ITEA booth:
Open standard Application Platform for Cars and Transportation Vehicles
leader: Ericsson (Finland)
BIM in the City
leader: NETAS (Turkey)
Smart City 3D Simulation and Monitoring Platform
leader: Abalia (Spain)
Intelligent Perception System for Autonomous Vehicles
(Republic of Korea)
Environmental Sensing to act for a better Quality of Life: Smart Health
leader: VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland Ltd. (Finland)
Intelligent IoT-based Port Artefacts Communication, Administration &
Project leader: Materna Information & Communications
Media Orchestration - Sensor to Screen
leader: TNO (The Netherlands)
Patient-care Advancement with Responsive Technologies and Engagement together
Project leader: Barco (Belgium)
Urban Data Policy Lab: Policy & Data Exploitation & Re-use
leader: Accuro Technology (Spain)
Public Safety and Crisis Management Service Orchestration
leader: ViNotion (The Netherlands)
Social Local Mobile Indoor Shopping Experience
leader: IKANGAI (Austria)
Smart Prognosis of Energy with Allocation of Resources
EKS InTec (Germany)
To strengthen even more the customer orientation and the exploitation of the innovations developed by the
R&D Community within the ITEA projects, we designed the Innovation Discovery. These are dedicated guided
based on a customer's need. The target is:
- to understand the customer's innovation challenges;
- to identify some unique results developed by the ITEA projects that can contribute to solve these
- to help the customer to exploit some ITEA innovations with the support of partners from the ITEA
Interested to participate in an dedicated Innovation Discovery?
If you are a city and you
have any specific innovation challenges, please feel free to request an Innovation
Discovery. In cooperation with you, we can create a dedicated guided tour among a selected set of the ITEA
projects present at SCEWC. Please send an email to Linda van
den Borne with your demand and your contact details, or use the button below. We will contact you
soon to discuss the opportunities.
ITEA Smart City side event on Innovation trends for Smart Cities
21 November 2019 - 9:00-11:00 | Room 1.4. Area CC1
On Thursday 21 November, from 9:00-11:00 hours, ITEA will organise a Smart City innovation session in room
Area CC1. During this side event, ITEA project leaders of Smart Cities R&D projects will share the
developments for new Smart City services. New technology and its impact will be explained from a user point
view. The ITEA side event is open to all SCEWC visitor and especially set up for all stakeholders of a city
discover that latest innovative solutions to their current Smart City challenges. More information about the
programme will follow soon.
Access to the ITEA Smart
side event on Innovation trends for Smart Cities
International Smart City Business Forum
18 November 2019 - 9:00 – 16:30 | World Trade Centre Barcelona
The International Smart City Business Forum is a partnership between The Netherlands and the Nordics,
by ITEA and will be held the day before the SCEWC. The purpose of this forum is to provide government, city
representatives, start-ups, SMEs, corporates,
experts and investors with a platform to initiate long-term partnerships. National organisations and cities
all over the world will gather/meet to establish new alliances and build on existing ones. Innovators and
experts will share their solutions and it will be a great opportunity for investors with a smart city focus
find investment opportunities.
Focus areas are:
- City as a Platform
- The Climate Neutral City
- Smart and Green Mobility
- Circular Economy
- Safety and Security
- Healthy Urban Living
- Smart City Financing and Investments