Digisens is an ultra high-tech company that develops turnkey software solutions – acquisition, reconstruction, visualisation and informative analysis – for a broad range of tomography techniques.
An INRIA(1) spin-off created in 2002 and based in the French Alps, the Digisens team was the first in the world to market robust tomography software capable of computing on graphics cards (Graphical Processing Unit: GPU).
In this respect, it enjoys a special partnership with NVIDIA(2).
With its range of high added value software, Digisens is addressing both current and future tomography issues, namely:
- Increased volumes of data to be processed i.e. several hundreds of gigabytes;
- Acceleration of reconstruction algorithms;
- 3D reconstruction from undersampled datasets;
- Reduction of radiation doses (X-ray, electron).
This means that Digisens is able to help its numerous customers, industry and research institutes (USA andEurope) get the most out of their X-Ray scanner systems or electron microscopes.
Its innovative excellence has been recognised by several awards at both national and European level (including the European IST Prize in 2004).
(1) INRIA is the National Institute for Research in Computer Science and Control: www.inria.fr
(2) NVIDIA is the world leader in visual information technology and inventor of the graphics processor (GPU):www.nvidia.com