Valeo is an independent and international industrial group, fully focused on the design, production and sale of components, systems and modules for automobiles and trucks, both on the original equipment market and the aftermarket. It is one of the world’s leading automotive suppliers. At the end of February 2013, the Group employs 73,800 people in 128 production sites, 61 Research & Development centers and 12 distribution platforms in 29 countries worldwide. Valeo applies its profitable growth strategy in line with a policy of sustainable development. Valeo’s operational Business Groups are responsible for handling business relating to OE production and sales from the various Product Families in geographical areas.
Valeo is made up of four Business Groups and an aftermarket activity, Valeo Service:
- The Powertrain Systems Business Group develops innovative powertrain solutions aimed at reducing fuel consumption and CO2 emissions.
- The Thermal Systems Business Group develops and manufactures systems, modules and components to manage the thermal energy of the powertrain and provide comfort inside the cabin for each passenger.
- The Comfort and Driving Assistance Systems Business Group develops interface systems between the driver, the vehicle and the environment, which help to improve comfort and safety.
- The Visibility Systems Business Group designs and produces innovative systems which offer the driver perfect visibility, thereby improving the safety of both driver and passengers.
- Valeo Service supplies original equipment spares to automakers and replacement parts to the independent aftermarket. It offers a wide range of products and services for all aftermarket activities worldwide.
(Submitted and approved by Florent Meurville on 2013-02-28)