The Andalusian Association for Research and Industrial Cooperation "F. de Paula Rojas" (AICIA) is a Technology Centre in South Spain. Its goals are to encourage, guide, and promote industrial research, with an emphasis on publication and dissemination of results, to promote technological progress in Andalusia, and to help to improve the professional training of Andalusian engineers.
As stated in the fourth article of the Association's rules, AICIA's goals are the following:
- To carry out research projects, studies, and laboratory tests of interest to industry in general and to its associates in particular.
- To establish cooperative relationships with public or private entities, or with individuals, to render services, and to carry out research
- To actively participate in the protection of the industrial environment through pollution level measurement, technical advice on cleaner industrial processes, and facility modification.
- To teach technical training courses and advanced courses for postgraduates, as well as conferences and seminars on technological.
- To establish awards for research projects and to grant scholarships to postgraduates or students