Submitting an ITEA proposal
Once a year, ITEA offers the opportunity to submit research project proposals that fit in the domain of software innovation. For this purpose, a Call is organised each year starting with a brokerage event. In a two-stage procedure, the quality of the project proposal is evaluated and improved, finally leading to a selection of high-quality project proposals that receive the official ITEA label. The ITEA label provides project partners with the possibility of applying for public funding from their national Public Authorities.
Consortia & project characteristics
- Project consortia need to have at least two different partners from two different countries, of which one must be a Eureka Member Country and another one either a EUREKA Member Country or a EUREKA Associated Country.
- Project consortia can be composed of representatives from large industry, small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), research institutes, universities and user organisations (profit or non-profit).
- ITEA projects are industry driven, technically innovative and business oriented.
- ITEA projects involve between 40 and 350 person-years and typically last up to three years.
Two-stage Call process
- Producing a Project Outline (PO):
This PO gives a short overview of a project, mainly to describe the project goals, innovation, targeted business impact and consortium. Project Outlines which are positively evaluated are invited for the second stage;
- Producing a Full Project Proposal (FPP):
This FPP describes the project plan and how the project will be executed and managed. Approved FPPs will receive the ITEA label.
The Public Authorities are fully involved in the evaluation and labelling of projects. After labelling (or earlier dependent on national procedures), partners can apply for funding through their national Public Authorities. The ITEA label is endorsed by all Eureka Member Countries.
ITEA is a non-profit organisation financed by project contributions, for more details, see the ITEA Contribution Rules.
Time schedule ITEA 3 Call 7
|Opening of the Call
||7 September 2020
|Online ITEA Project Outline Preparation Days 2020
||7-11 September 2020
|Deadline for submission of Project Outlines
||10 November 2020 (17:00 CET)
|Letter of Intent
||24 November 2020
|Announcement of POs invited for FPP submission & rejected POs
||11 December 2020
||Check the FPP Guidelines video
|Deadline for submission of Full Project Proposals
||15 February 2021 (17:00 CET)
|Declaration of Acceptance (DoA)
||1 March 2021
|Announcement of labelled and rejected FPPs
||31 March 2021
|National funding applications
||Q4 2020 - Q2 2021