What does ITEA exactly do? Our projects impact economy, society and every-day life!
ITEA? What does ITEA do? Outside of the Software R&D Community you may come across this question. However, if you give a few examples like:
- Thanks to the ITEA project EPAS, you can make secure payments all over Europe with just one payment card.
- Thanks to the ITEA project Digital Cinema, you can watch movies in high quality, wherever, whenever.
- Thanks to the ITEA project SoRTS, a cancer patient can now have an MRI scan and a minimally invasive radiotherapy treatment at the same time, reducing patient risk and shortening the hospital stay.
- Thanks to the ITEA project EAST-EEA, the automotive industry has a worldwide, standardised platform for automotive applications.
- Thanks to the ITEA project ADAX, banks can now be protected much more efficiently against cyber-attacks.
- Thanks to the ITEA project AVANTI, a complete industrial production line can be virtually tested and maintained.
Then it becomes apparent that nearly everybody can relate to ITEA in some way or another!
To promote these impactful results and to increase visibility for ITEA project partners, ITEA created the ITEA Impact stream in 2017. Starting with 9 project impact stories in the first year, the Impact stream has now been extended to 20 impressive stories in light of ITEA’s 20th anniversary in 2018.
We invite you to have a look at the impact stories, especially the newly added:
- MoSHCA - Mobile and Smart Healthcare Assistant
- ATAC - Developing automated testing for complex real-time systems
- AMALTHEA / AMALTHEA4public - From individual approaches to a widely accepted open platform in the automotive domain
- OPEES - Open Platform for the engineering of Embedded Systems
Have a good read and be inspired!
About the ITEA Impact stream
Many ITEA projects have achieved incredible results and most of these successes could not have been achieved without the (financial) support of the national Public Authorities. They have put their trust in these projects and supported them with public funds, making it possible for the project partners to get the most out of it.
In return, ITEA is now gathering project impact stories to show in what way they solve key societal challenges and have an impact on business, on the market and on society. All impact stories will be collected in the ITEA Impact stream. The ITEA Impact stream is a living publication that consists of 2 main elements: 7 main societal challenges and a set of project stories showcasing the impact highlights. Over time more stories will be added.