At the request of the Dutch Ministry of Economic Affairs, an evaluation of EUREKA individual projects, EUREKA Clusters (ITEA and CATRENE) and the Eurostars Programme in the Netherlands for the period 2008-2012 was performed. The objective of the evaluation was to evaluate the extent to which EUREKA instruments have reached their target groups.
The survey found that:
- Growth of R&D capacity and R&D expenditures is observed among up to 75% of the participants.
- About 85% of the participants indicated that participation in EUREKA had led to the acquisition of new knowledge and the broadening of technological applications.
- 71% of the participants indicated that participation in the project had led to a faster innovation. In 50% of the cases, participation has also led to a faster turnaround of the project.
- Companies which made up the largest part of EUREKA participants (85%) were mainly active in manufacturing industry, business services and R&D sectors.
- EUREKA instruments supported a total of 304 projects and 406 unique Dutch organisations. In Netherlands, EUREKA reached up to 2.3% of its target group.
Read the EUREKA study published by Dutch Ministry of Economic Affairs (summary in English on page 17).
Source: EUREKA News